Sunday, February 7, 2010

Artificial nails and child birth?

hello, i have been a nail biter all my life and now that my baby is due I have stopped biting them (hooray!!) but only cos they are under fake nails. What I am wondering is whether the midwives will require me to remove them for the birth - incase of a caesarian I guess??Artificial nails and child birth?
I don't think you are supposed to have fake nails during delivery because they look at your nails for some reason and they can't see the color under the fake ones, I can't remember why though.Artificial nails and child birth?
yes probably. i was told to remove everything, and including nail polish. but i had a scheduled c section
Dont know why you would need to remove them except so you dont scratch the baby. But check with them. Congrats!!!!
They will want them off. They check nails for color and also if they need to put on the oxygen sat moniter the nails would be in the way. Not to mention it would really hurt if you accidently clawed someone.
Maybe it interferes with that thing they put on your finger to measure oxygen levels?





I laughed at your question because I had fake nails-for the same reason, biting- and they fell off FIVE days after conception-10 days before I took the HPT. I thought it was due to dry weather (it was New Years Day) but my nail person said ';could you be pregnant?'; For some reason some pregnant women and the adhesive for fake nails do not work together. Kind of like perms not holding.





Sorry I could not be more helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment