Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Artificial Nails... Gel or Acrylic?

I generally grow my own nails quite successfully. I'm a bartender and always chip my nails at work because I'm constantly grabbing things, rinsing my hands and getting them wet which weakens my nails.





I have had acrylic nails in the past and found them to be pretty durable but did not like how thick they were and how they yellowed so I decided I'm going to try the gel variety. I always hear good things about them.





I went ahead and cut down all my nails but then after doing a bit of research have come to the conclusion that gel nails are used as an overlay and that they don't work well with tips. Is this true? Can I get tips with gel nails or do I have to get acrylics in order to have lengthier nails?





What are my other options? Also... how much do gel nails cost compared to acrylic nails?Artificial Nails... Gel or Acrylic?
Try getting solar nails. They are awesome. I used to get the acrylic nails and ever since I had the solar nails I will never get anything else. They don't break or chip or turn yellow and they are just as thin as your real nails. The only thing about the solar nails is you have to soak them in 100% acetone to remove them. I learned this the hard way when I tried to bite them off and they damaged my nails.Artificial Nails... Gel or Acrylic?
gel costs more usually. I love the way Gel nails look, Though Acrylic does the job just the same.
I have always gotten Acrylic with the gel top coat and it works great they are shinier and more durable! I don't know if they have it every where but its gel and its really thing then you but your hands under the UV light for them to dry! I have never gotten the gel kind that you are speaking of though!
not true about the gel... gel works as a cpat for the tip... when u dont get the gel... the tips color can come of easily... also it doesnt look as... i like gel better it makes it more shiny
i have had gel before as an fyi there are almost imposible to get off they are really strong and cant chip lol they have never turned yellow for me i usuaklly get frech tips so they arnt painted and dont chip hope it helps
hey girl, i have solar nails and they work great they look way better than acrylics and they never turn yellow which i know bc i tan and acrylics turn yellow when i tan and ive never had problem with solar. gel nails ive never had but i do believe gel nails dont last as long bc my friend had them and she told me she liked solar better, solar cost a little more than acrylics but its worth it, its not that much more.
  • short hair cuts
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment