Sunday, February 7, 2010

About getting gel/artificial nails.?

I want to go get artificial or gel nails and have never got them before so I have a few questions.





1. What is better, arcrylic or Gel?


2. When your nails grow out you have to get it filled. How often?


3. Can I take them off myself and what if one falls off?





Thanks!About getting gel/artificial nails.?
I have found that Gel looks a little better but they tend to break more easily. I always get acrylic. I love the American style it looks like the pink and white gel. Very natural.





Most places recommend that you fill them every two weeks to keep them look their best. If you can find a really good nail salon you can go up to 4 weeks without a fill or any breaks.





I always take my nails off myself but it can be a bit painful (I find it is more painful if someone else takes them off). You want to wait until the nails are loose enough to come off then you can just use cuticle clippers to pry them off.





If one nail falls off then you can either have that nail replaced or have a new fill done on the whole set. I like to start from scratch with a new set if one nail falls off because the coloring may be different from the new nail and the other nails.





Keep in mind that you have to find a nail place that is VERY clean, you should be able to tell as soon as you walk into a place. Also, it is recommended that give your nails some ';time to breath'; between every 2-4 fills (depending on how long you go between each fill) and take off your old set make sure that your real nails look good and shows no signs of fungus. I usually give my nails like a day or two break and then have a fresh pretty new set put on.About getting gel/artificial nails.?
Hi I like your question.


I get the arcrylic nails they stay on,go with the pink and white.When youre nails start growing you have to get them filled,about every 3 weeks.If you take them off yourself it will hurt.If one falls off you just have to get them filled it cost about 12$ to get one filled .good luck ,its fun getting your nails done,get a pedicure too.
Go with the pink and white gel..Just so you know, they destroy your real nails. I have had mine off for 5 months and my real nails are still trying to repair.
Hi there, good questions.


1) I have heard gel is better however I always had acrylic


2) You will need to get them filled every two weeks. If you wait for 3 weeks one or two will most likely come off.


3) You will be able to take them off yourself by soaking them in nail polish remover and a clipper, or just go back in and they will take them off for you. If one falls off, just go back in and they will put a new one on for you.





Have fun, and enjoy!
Contrary to popular belief, gel nails are NOT ';better'; for your nails than acrylics. Gel nails leave your nails damaged once they are removed, just as acrylics do. If you're looking for something more natural, I would just suggest getting pink %26amp; white acrylics with sculpted tips.
I have always heard that gel was best, but acrylic seems to be fine. And most certainly they can destroy real nails, after all they cover them up and are often glued on. Just use the nails in moderation and you shouldn't have a problem. The world is all about moderation.
gel is better





every 2 weeks





u can take them off yourself and if one falls off then you can get another one put on
I'm not sure about the gel. But I strongly urge you NOT to use acrylic. That is the worst thing you could do to your nails, your better off using Lee Press On's! (if they still make those?)


If you do go with acrylic then yes you have to get your nails refilled every 2 weeks. You can take them off yourself, but you would have to soak them off, you may just want to go to the salon for $3 and let them remove it. Trying to the remove them yourself, can be very painful, sometimes they look like you can just pop it off, I suggest not to. If one falls off, then you should go and demand you money back! Unless of course it falls off after a month, that's different....


Best of luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment