Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Gel artificial nails question?

I got a set of gel nails today. Everything was fine until they put my hand under some fluorescent light. And then all the sudden I had extreme hot burning pain the the middle of the nail. It was not from any cut or cracked skin, because it only started after I put my hand under the light. It only lasted a few seconds and I figured it was over. Then she put another coat of the gel on and it did it again and several times more with each application. Another customer assured me that it happens to her as well...not as bad with a fill-in but each time she gets nails. Is this normal? Why? As much as it hurt, I was thinking these chemicals were absorbing into my finger or something. What is your experience with gel nails?Gel artificial nails question?
its normal.. dont worry.. but if it bothers u that much then next time dont get gel.. but it burns because of a chemical they use in the maing of the product but dont worry its not toxicGel artificial nails question?
My friend is a nail tech and we have a mutual friend who is allergic to the gel product and it started with the burning and eventually her cuticles became red and irritated. She immediately had them removed and now my friend uses a different product with her. If you are experiencing discomfort, it's for a reason. Your body tells you when stuff is not right. Have them removed and let them breathe for a while. Then try something else. Good luck to you!
Hmmm I never had anything like that. Maybe she sanded your nail down a little too much and it was real sensative. I had them once and they lasted so much longer and were so much stronger.
  • short hair cuts
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment