Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ladies, have you ever used artificial nails?

and then lost them or caught them on fire?





I lost one in my pantyhose and couldn't find it (looks GREAT with 9 nails) it was stuck to my thigh and anothrr time, I lit a cig and my nail caought on fire, so ended up putting it out in some guys drink, since I hadn't been served yet and couldn't use my own, oh, i did buy the guy a drink though! And then dated the guyLadies, have you ever used artificial nails?
I used acrylic nails for a long time, as my own grow slowly and are not that strong. Then I switched to gel overlay only. I have a wonderful manicurist who took very good care of my nails, but due to budgetary reasons I had to give up that one luxury.





When I had acrylics, yes, I had one catch on fire one day! Really scary!!...Then one other time my best friend and I couldn't get appointments at our then regular manicurist and went to another salon a few short hours before a holiday semi formal dance...As I was sitting at the table in the ballroom with my handsome date my nails began popping off into the air flying across the table , one by one! So much for that manicurist AND my ego! LOLLadies, have you ever used artificial nails?
Yes I have worn them a few times and finally gave up and said grow my own. I could never zip up my jeans with them, If I went out for the evening drinking.. I had to have my friend zip and unzip the jeans. I poked myself in the eye, forgetting how long they were, that hurt. and of course like you popped one off and looked like a doofus with 9 nice ones and one short one, which was the middle finger..and the last straw was getting an infection under one of them.. never again.. to much bother for the price of them...
Yes, I tried to nail up some wallboard


with some I had and they sure don't


work very well.
no. i'm quite lucky that i can grow my nails long
I never have worn them, but I'm sure if I did, something like that would have happened to me too. I'm just chuckling trying to imagine your nail on fire and having to extinguish it in that guy's drink, what an impression you must have made! It reminds me of that episode of I Love Lucy where she mets William Holden, catches her nose on fire lighting a cigarette and puts it out in a cup of coffee . . .
LOL.... maybe you should stick to your own nails! Hehehe....





I wear them, but they are really, really, really short! My dentist made me do it! He said if I didn't stop biting my nails, I'd screw up my $8000 worth of dental work!! I was convinced! But I still can't do anything (ya know... like BUTTON MY OWN PANTS....) if I keep the fake nails long!
Yes %26amp; just like any other long fingernails...


They were in the way.
Only once. Getting them off was a big pain and not worth the effort.
And you think i have done some wild stuff!


The only fake nails I put on are for all hollow's eve. %26amp; they are long %26amp; very sharp.


A dragon would never toast her talons.
Long ago when press on nails first came out I wore them for a date, all dressed up, going to a fancy place. All was well until I went to the ladies room and washed my hands and....down the drain they went.





Several years ago while trying to strengthen my own and grow them out I wore the glued on nails for a couple of months. I quit when people in the office would come up to me laughing and hand me a nail they found on the carpet somewhere.
Yes, all the time, but never caught them on fire! lol
Yes I have put on fake nails. I done that for about 6 years. I worked in them and every. I have caught them on fire a couple of times as well.





I never did have them done, I did it my self, so much cheaper than having it done. Plus I also worn French Tips as well. I always thought they looked so ';dressy';.





I did plumbing, gardening, and canning with them as well. Never had a problem with the zipper, guess I was lucky there.





But with this last job that I have now, fake are not allowed, and no polish. So that is that for now with them. And your own finger nails have to be kept short as well. This summer when I out off work for 2 1/2 to 3 months, I might wear them again.
I was lucky to have long nails. Now I just have them applied and kept short.
No I haven't . I tried once, but I cancelled right away, i like my own nails better. I have cute fingers , those artificials dont look good on me.
Yes, I have gotten acrylic nails several times. I used to bite my nails to the quick, but have gotten a little better over time. I have tried Hard as Nails, and that works for a time, but they start to turn yellow. I have given up the artificial nail route and just don't care anymore now. Occasionally I will throw a little


nail polish on. I remember I used to always paint my nails Black for Halloween. Even before black was was the rage. People used to look at me funny, but of course I didn't care.
Haha, lovely story. One of mine snagged off in my hair. It was pretty rank, I must say... never caught fire though..
yes, I have used them but never caught them on fire.
That's what you call a double spiked drink! I've caught mine on fire but can't tell you how!! LOL!!
Have you ever had em put on,then gone to pee and couldn't get your jeans unfastened???


( I actually let my baby sister talk me into going to nail school.I had lots of free time on my hands and she said I would enjoy the creative aspect of it- boy does that stuff STINK.Even now thinking about it my nose wrinkles.)


I tried it for a while,but I use my hands WAY too hard to keep em,so it's real and real short for me.I don't know how some folks ';wipe'; with the really long ones on!
I have worn them several times. I really like them. I have never caught one on fire but I did melt one once. I lit a cig and it just started drooping. It wasn't pretty.
I've tried them twice. Both times they were the kind from the store, not from a professional salon. The first time was at my second wedding, and I ended up loosing not one, but two in the toilet when trying to wipe. That was really lovely. The second time was for a Halloween party, and I lost one in some chip dip and didn't notice until someone else pointed it out. I was so embarrassed.
LOL! You put your nail out in his drink? roflol!





Yes, now that I am composed, lol...I have worn them in the eighties and nineties.





I lost many! I think the most embarrassing time was the night my daughter got married! She had insisted that I be her Maid of Honor, as she said I was her Mom and her best friend. I did not want to say NO but, I knew it would be very hard to stand there as she married! So, I agreed.





I did just fine and restrained the tears but, when it came time for me to take her bouquet...the tears flooded my eyes and I reached for the bouquet and hit her ring hard...the nail popped off and went air born! Of course, most everyone could see this and I am still trying to live that down!





Funny thing is, I was asked what happened to your nail? Without thought, I put up my middle finger to show the bare nail. Everyone cracked up as they thought I was giving someone the wrong message!!! ROFLOL
I've been taking Brewer's Yeast pills since I was 26.I can tear a man's throat out with me nails!!!
Yes. Really splurged one year and got porcelain. On the way home got hit from behind and grabbed the wheel so tightly they ripped off.... a few layers of mine with them.......I have had them done since....just too much hassel to keep up. Not to mention too many holes in nylons.
i used to wear them when i waited tables because i didn't think the customers wanted to see my chewed off fingernails when i served them their food.


yes i have lit them on fire (when i was drinking)


i lost one at work one day and just hoped it hadn't ended up in somebody's food !!


that was when i decided that they would just have to look at my chewed off fingernails rather than take a chance on popping one off in their plate and probably getting fired for it
oh yes, and they come unglued at the most inconvenient times too
Occasionally I will buy nails at the drugstore, but I've never had them professionally applied. I've been blessed with strong nails, but sometimes they're brittle (and sometimes I slice one while slicing food -- I've also been known to slice flesh).





During bowling season, there are one or two that stay broken down to the quick, so I keep them filed down and covered with fake. Most people aren't aware of them, because I keep my nails fairly long (between 1/8 and 1/4 inch beyond the nail bed).





I have had one pop off while bowling, and I had to walk down the alley to retrieve it. It's always good for a laugh. Everybody knows when I get down on my knees at the foul line and put my head to the floor I'm looking for a fingernail, because it's happened more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment